Friday, April 20, 2012

My activist

As you may have heard, tonight is the big "cover the night" night for the KONY 2012 campaign. If you're not familiar, you can take a look at this video. It'll take you 30 minutes to watch it, but you won't realize it while you're watching it. It's very well done and compelling.


I'm not sure what all they've discussed at my son's school, but he came home yesterday saying he needed a red shirt to wear on Friday. And not only that, he wanted his shirt to have the KONY 2012 logo on it. I asked him if he knew what KONY 2012 was all about and he said they had watched the video and he thought it was a cool thing they were doing. So we went to Goodwill for a red shirt (hooray for $2 t-shirts), printed out the logo, made a stencil and painted the logo on the shirt. 

 
They ended up using black spray paint because it was the easiest and fastest way to do it. I made them go outside for that part.


My little activist. I'm so proud. Actually, there's nothing little about him.  ;)

No comments: